Wednesday 22 April 2015

I Had No Idea Our Marriage Was In Dire Trouble.

This is from a forum.......
========================
Michele wants to share this letter with all of you.

Dear Michele:

This week my husband and I celebrate our sixteenth marriage anniversary. Eight months ago I did not see this as even the most remote possibility. The week before Christmas 2010 my husband told me he was no longer attracted to me....I was old, fat, and turning into my mother. His revelation caught me totally unaware. I had absolutely no idea our marriage was in such dire trouble. I initially experienced denial of the situation and convinced myself that I could do something to fix the way my husband felt about me. I obsessed over thinking it was my fault and believed I could remedy the problems if only I was thinner, younger looking and more attractive. Then... the ugly truth surfaced. I discovered my husband was having an affair with a woman twenty years my junior. My world imploded. I threw up every time I tried to eat, lost thirty pounds in two months, never slept, developed anxiety and panic attacks, depression, and hypertension.

Everywhere I turned for support, including my therapist, my doctor, my sister and even my husband's mother, I got the very same advice.... file for divorce and just move on. In my shroud of hopelessness and helplessness I did just that...I filed for divorce. In doing so I felt like I had decided to commit suicide but, when it came to pulling the trigger, I just could not follow through on obtaining a divorce. I had an ever-present, niggling thought that divorce was just not the correct solution.

Research led me to your books Divorce Busting and The Divorce Remedy. Your books led me to your website and your website led me to your Divorce Busting Telephone Coaching program. The first day I called and spoke with Karen I could hardly breath. Karen's calm and reassuring approach gave me the first hopeful moment I had experienced since my nightmare began. I began working with Cheryl alone as my husband would have no part of it. Her intervention immediately helped me gain perspective, insight and a sense of control back in my life. A few months into my telephone coaching sessions with Cheryl my husband finally quit running in the opposite direction of our marriage. I am still speaking with Cheryl on a regular basis and, in fact, my husband agreed to speak with her for the first time last week! I am certain that if I had not found Divorce Busting I would be embroiled in an acrimonious divorce today instead of celebrating our 16th anniversary.

I will be forever grateful to Cheryl and your program for giving me the tools I needed to change my behavior. I gained clarity, perspective, insight and confidence. Most importantly, I developed the courage to say no to the traditional antidote our society prescribes for infidelity......divorce.

Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for helping me choose love and save my marriage. Thank you.

Best,

M

_________________________
Virginia Peeples
Vice President
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a 1-day or 2-day private intensive session with Michele. 

A Divorce Busting Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Email virginia@divorcebusting.com or 303-444-7004 for more information or to get started right away.

Source:- http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2171210#Post2171210

No comments:

Post a Comment